These cherry tomatoes are roasted in my humble toaster oven. For small serving recipes that don’t require much precision in the temperature, my toaster oven is more than adequate to do the job. It takes a shorter time to heat up, and if it gets too hot before the timer goes off, I simply be my own “manual temperature control” and turn off the main switch to cool things down a bit.
But for ingredients as juicy as these tomatoes, there’s really no need to worry about them getting burnt even when I turn the timer dial to 20 minutes at one go.
Usually I will use these roasted tomatoes for my pasta dishes. On this particular day, I made bruschetta to clear out some old bread.
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES
- 1 small bag of cherry tomatoes - olive oil - salt - black pepper - 1 sprig of fresh rosemary - 4 cloves of garlic, bruised with skin intact - 2 cloves of garlic, minced
01. Toss all the ingredients in an oven-proof dish or toaster pan.
02. Spread the tomatoes out on the dish.
03. Pop the dish into the toaster oven
04. Set the timer dial to 20 minutes, or cook until the tomatoes turn soft.
++ NOTES TO SELF ++
Drizzle just enough olive oil to coat the tomatoes.
The small amount of garlic + herb infused olive oil that settles at the bottom of the dish after cooking is great for drizzling on single serve salads or pasta too.