++Notes002// Instead of 15g dough per cookie, made 30 cookies with 8g dough balls.
++Notes003// The instructions below aim to minimize the number of mixing bowls used, and reduce cleaning up time after,
// Adapted from <<每天都是饼干日>>
// Yields 30 cookies
- 55g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 50g sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g plain flour
- 20g ground almond
- 40g dessicated coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp fresh milk
01. In the small mixing bowl, whisk to cream softened butter.
02. Weigh sugar in bowl No.1, add to creamed butter.
03. Add 1/4 tsp salt. Whisk to combine.
04. Separate egg yolk from white like this and add the yolk into the butter mixture and whisk to mix well. Keep the white in bowl No.2 for other recipe.
05. Measure flour in bowl No.1 and add 1/2tsp baking powder to the flour.
06. Measure 1/2 tsp (2 x 1/4tsp) vanilla extract and whisk it into butter mixture.
07. Sieve flour and baking powder directly into the mixture. Stir briefly with a tablespoon to incorporate.
08. Measure ground almond in bowl No.1 and add this into the mixing bowl. Stir to incorporate all ingredients well.
09. Measure dessicated coconut in bowl No.1, and add this into the mixing bowl. Stir again to incorporate.
10. The dough mixture at this stage will be too wet to be shaped with hands. Leave the mixing spoon in the mixing bowl, and chill dough in fridge for 10 minutes to harden it for easier handling.
11. After 10minutes, remove dough from fridge. Pour about 1 tablespoon of fresh milk into bowl No.1 and set aside with brush.
12. Preheat oven to 180C.
13. With the chilled tablespoon, scoop out a dough, approximately 15g, shape it into a ball and place it on a baking tray. Gently press down to flatten it.
14. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
15. Brush cookie surface slightly with milk before baking them in the preheated oven for 10minutes, until golden brown.
16. Cool completely before storing in airtight container.