Another small batch baking recipe from <<每天都是饼干日>>.
++Notes001 // This cookie cutter will make the cookies look even nicer.
++Notes002 // I use Van Houten cocoa powder. Recipe originally stated 4g, but I found it too much and dry out the dough.
++Notes003 // After cutting out first batch of star-shaped cookies, I still had a lot of dough left. As I did not want to spoil the distinct marbled effect by gathering and kneading the remaining dough too much , I simply rolled and shape the remaining into a log. Wrap it with a plastic bag, and after chilling for 30minutes, the dough is ready to be sliced into 1cm thick round cookies. I then baked them the same way as per the recipe instructions. (Last photo)
CONDENSED MILK MARBLE COOKIES
// Adapted from <<每天都是饼干日>>
// Yields 20 cookies, depending on the size of cookie cutter
- 60g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 100g condensed milk, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 170g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
01. In the small mixing bowl, whisk to cream softened butter.
02. Add condensed milk and salt. Whisk to combine.
03. Add vanilla extract.
04. Pour sifted flour into the mixture, stir with metal teaspoon to form dough ball.
05. Pinch out 50g of the dough, add cocoa powder slowly to it to form a cocoa dough. Stop adding when the dough starts to feel dry
06. Roll out the plain dough on a floured surface or baking paper. tear up cocoa dough into pieces randomly place them on top of the flatten plain dough.
07. Roll out with pin again to flatten (to 0.4cm) and combine them.
08. Cut into desire shapes and arrange on a baking tray.
09. Bake in a preheated oven at 170C/325F for 10minutes till cookies are done, but not brown.
10. Cool completely on rack before storing in air tight container.