Do you know that by running roasted peanuts in a food processor for several minutes, you’ll get peanut butter?
No lengthy list of ingredients or instructions. It is interesting to see the peanuts being transformed into a smooth paste within 5 minutes. I make just enough to be consumed within 2 days using a handful of peanuts. It will take slightly more time to process for larger servings. I stopped short of letting them becoming too runny as it is more difficult to use as a bread spread. As a drizzle for waffles or pancakes, I will process them longer.
I do not add salt or oil, like most recipes online, as I use ready roasted salted peanuts. Make sure you get the skinless ones. Honey is added towards the end of the blending process to make it tastier for the kids. After reading this, I might even consider adding chocolate chips for my next batch.
++Notes001 // Use unsalted or unsweetened peanut butter.
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
// Adapted from <<每天都是饼干日>>
// Yields 24 cookies
- 90g top flour, sifted
- 50g brown sugar
- 20g honey
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 egg
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g peanut butter, or better, make homemade ones
- 50g roasted skinless peanuts, slightly grounded for garnishing
01. In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and softened butter. Mix well with a hand whisk.
02. Add honey, brown sugar and salt, whisk to mix well.
03. Add egg to the mixture, in 2 portions, and whisk till ingredients are well incorporated.
04. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda and baking powder, and mix well.
05. Pour the flour into the butter mixture, and use a metal spoon to stir it into a dough.
06. Pour half of the grounded peanuts (25g) into the mixture and stir briefly to incorporate.
07. Weigh 10g of dough, and roll it into a ball. Place it on a lined baking tray, and flatten it with palm.
08. Top each cookie with the remaining ground peanuts.
09. Bake in a preheated oven (180C/350F) for 8-10 minutes.
10. Cool completely before storing in airtight containers.