++Notes001 // Use unsalted or unsweetened peanut butter.
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
// Adapted from <<每天都是饼干日>>
// Yields 24 cookies
- 90g top flour, sifted
- 50g brown sugar
- 20g honey
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 egg
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g peanut butter, or better, make homemade ones
- 50g roasted skinless peanuts, slightly grounded for garnishing
01. In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and softened butter. Mix well with a hand whisk.
02. Add honey, brown sugar and salt, whisk to mix well.
03. Add egg to the mixture, in 2 portions, and whisk till ingredients are well incorporated.
04. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda and baking powder, and mix well.
05. Pour the flour into the butter mixture, and use a metal spoon to stir it into a dough.
06. Pour half of the grounded peanuts (25g) into the mixture and stir briefly to incorporate.
07. Weigh 10g of dough, and roll it into a ball. Place it on a lined baking tray, and flatten it with palm.
08. Top each cookie with the remaining ground peanuts.
09. Bake in a preheated oven (180C/350F) for 8-10 minutes.
10. Cool completely before storing in airtight containers.