A fast and simple pasta dish that I make pretty often, as I always have fresh shimeji and shitake mushrooms in my fridge. To avoid using too much oil in this single serving dish, I only used the minimal amount of butter to fry the garlic, herbs and mushrooms at first, then top with olive oil before serving. I also stir in the grated cheese while the penne is hot to make it more creamy.
GARLIC MUSHROOM PASTA
ADAPTED FROM : FOOD.COM
1 serving penne pasta, al dente, keep warm 1 tablespoon of butter 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil 2 large cloves garlic, minced 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes 1 packet of fresh shimeji mushrooms 6 fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil herb Salt and pepper, to taste grated old cheddar cheese, to taste
01. In a heated pan, melt the butter and cook garlic till fragrant and turns slight brown.
02. Stir in sweet basil and chilli flakes to mix.
03. Add both mushrooms and cook until they soften.
04. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
05. Add cooked penne and grated cheese into the pan of cooked mushrooms and toss well.
06. Transfer to plate, drizzle extra virgin olive oil before serving.