Canned tuna, are you able to finish a can at one go?
After using about 2 tablespoons of tuna flakes for sandwich, I will use the balance to make these patties that my kids say taste like chicken nuggets. I have no idea why.
The patties taste better than they look in my photos. The processed tuna is already seasoned, so I only added bread crumbs, eggs, and olive oil, ingredients that can hold the tuna flakes into patties, plus a dash of black pepper.
You can then shape them into large burger patties or smaller nuggets, depending on preference. My kids love both versions.
1 can of tuna 2 slices of bread 1 egg 1 teaspoon olive oil black pepper, for seasoning 1 tablespoon of cooking oil (for frying)
01. Toast bread, pulse to desired crumb size in a food processor. Set aside.
02. Drain liquid from tuna, add olive oil (can be omitted if already using tuna in oil) and mix well.
03. Add bread crumbs from step one, egg and black pepper, stir to mix well.
04. Shape mixture into desired patty size and set aside.
05. Heat up cooking oil in a preheated skillet.
06. Place the patties in the skillet, and cook till both sides are brown.
07. Serve immediately.