Prawn dishes are great for quick meals as they get cooked very fast. I really like the deep fried battered prawns my mom used to make. But since I am too lazy to clean up a greasy kitchen, I rather order that (& anything else deep fried) from a restaurant than to cook it at home.
I begin looking up for a tomato prawn recipe after watching a cooking program about dishes that chefs cook at home for their family. It looks easy enough and doesn’t require any special condiments other than those in my pantry. Perfect, as it will be Lunar New Year soon, I don’t intend to clutter my kitchen further with bottles and bottles of half used ingredients.
TOMATO KETCHUP PRAWNS
12 large prawns 1 tablespoon cooking oil 1 clove garlic, finely chopped 1/4 cup ketchup 1 tablespoon oyster sauce 1 small tomato, chopped Garnish : spring onions, coriander leaves
01. Remove shells from prawn, leaving tails intact and de-vein them. Wash and pat dry. Set aside.
02. Heat up cooking oil in a wok or pan.
03. Add chopped garlic and prawns, stir fry till they are almost cooked.
04. Add chopped tomatoes, oyster sauce and ketchup, stir to mix well.
05. Add some hot water tablespoon by tablespoon, till the desired consistency of the tomato sauce is reached.
06. Turn off heat, transfer onto plate, garnish and serve.