These were made about 2 months back on the spur of the moment, when I found all the ingredients ready in my kitchen. Once done, I made no efforts whatsoever to note the recipe source, except that it was a cooking blog that I follow. Big mistake, I follow like 1000+ cooking blogs plus mine.
Within a week, the webpage link to the recipe on my internet browser was taken over many times by other delicious links. I finally realized that I had lost the source, when the “back” button on my browser never landed me correctly on the recipe page. I am suspecting that the browser had probably crashed during one of the days, and the link disappeared, along with many others that I never had the chance to try out.
I vaguely remembered that I made it with banana, coconut and blueberries. Turned out the original recipe called for strawberries. No wonder google could not help.
The hero this time? My Pinterest account. Unknowingly, I had saved the page all along; the surf and pin action has become so natural that I am unaware of it. This episode of the information/recipe overload is bound to repeat itself. And as I am typing this, I have 9 other tabs opened : wondering what to cook for dinner tonight and next week, where to visit over the coming long weekend, which chocolate cake look more enticing : this or this?
In the meantime, I am just glad that I have started this little digital journal for my projects and recipes. Now if only I spend more time typing them out. I still have some photos of a simple roast potato dish and a DIY staycation idea in my SD card. The potato recipe is still somewhere to be dug out, while long weekends that would have suited the staycation article I have in mind, have come and gone. Maybe I should make a note on these 2 first, before I start surfing for more inspirations.
And here’s the ice cream recipe that was lost and found.
RECIPE : BLUEBERRY SEMIFREDDO ICE CREAM
Adapted from here
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries - 1 large banana, ripe - 1 - 2 tablespoon honey, depending on the sweetness of the banana - 1 tablespoon lemon juice - 1 can coconut cream (13oz/384ml), chilled overnight - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
01. Puree the blueberries, banana, honey and lemon juice in a blender till smooth.
02. Scoop out chilled coconut cream into a large bowl, and whisk till fluffy.
03. Mix in vanilla extract.
04. Fold in the fruit puree. It doesn’t need to be well mixed.
05. Pour into a container, cover with foil, and freeze till set.