Meat dishes that are on the sweet side are always a hit with the kids. Here’s something fast and easy to make, Korean Dak Bulgogi, (BBQ chicken).
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast/thigh, sliced - 3 tablespoons soy sauce - 1 tablespoon lemon juice - 1 tablespoon brown sugar - 1 tablespoon honey - 1 tablespoon rice wine or mirin - 1 tablespoon minced garlic - 1 teaspoon grated ginger - 1 tablespoon sesame oil - dash of black pepper - 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
01. Combine all the items except the chicken slices together in a medium bowl, whisk till brown sugar dissolves.
02. Add chicken slices, making sure they are well coated with the sauce, marinate for about 30 minutes.
03. When ready to cook, preheat skillet over medium heat.
04. Add chicken into the skillet, save the marinating sauce aside.
05. When the chicken meat turns white/opaque and cooks through, pour in the reserved sauce, and stir quickly around to coat the meat with the sauce.
06. Serve immediately.