Simply whip + chill.
And out comes my 8 inch dessert by brunch.
This school holiday is sure making me lazy 🙂
For Graham Cracker Crust
150 grams Digestive Biscuits
2 tablespoons (30 grams) granulated white sugar
6 tablespoons (85 grams) unsalted butter, melted
8 oz (250 grams) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
2 x 8oz (250 grams) blocks of cream cheese at room temperature
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of granulated white sugar
2 tablespoons of fresh milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee powder (NOT 3-in-1)
chocolate chips for topping, optional
01. Put all digestive biscuits in a large zip-lock bag, and place it flat on kitchen counter, crush the biscuits into fine crumbs with rolling pin, or bare hands.
02. Mix biscuits crumbs, sugar and melted butter in an 8 inch spring form pan.
03. Press the crumbs mixture evenly onto the bottom of the pan to achieve the cheesecake crust finishing. Chill this in the fridge while making the filling.
01. Whip cream cheese in a large bowl till fluffy, about 2 minutes.
02. Add brown and white sugars, milk, coffee powder and vanilla extract, whip for 2 minutes.
03. Add melted chocolate and whip for 2 minutes.
01. Scoop/ Pour the filling into the pan with chilled crust. Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
02. Sprinkle top of the cake with chocolate chips.
03. Chill the cake for at least 3 hours before serving.
+ Note 001 // Before releasing the spring-form pan to remove the cake, I use a butter knife to go around the edge of the cake, to make sure that the cheese filling does not stick to the side of the pan.
+ Note 002 // Used Nestle Tollhouse semi-sweet morsels for toppings, and Beryl semi-sweet baking chocolate for fillings.
+ Note 003 // Yields an 8 inch cake