How many times have I been “creative” with this creamy soup without cream recipe? I am not stopping yet! 🙂
CREAMY CREAMLESS PUMPKIN & CAULIFLOWER SOUP
// Adapted from : The Amateur Gourmet
// Yields a generous bowl
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/4 of a small pumpkin, cut into cubes
- Salt, to taste
- Hot boiling water
01. Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium heat. Add the onions, cook them over low fire until they turn soft and translucent. Ensure that they don’t turn brown, stir occasionally.
02. Add the chopped cauliflower and pumpkins just enough hot water to cover the ingredients. Increase the heat slightly, add salt and allow soup to boil. Once the soup starts to boil, turn heat lower and simmer for about 15 -20 minutes, till cauliflower and pumpkins are cooked and have turned soft. Let soup cool aside till lukewarm.
03. Pour the mixture in batches into a blender and blend. When the soup is fully blended, pour it back to the pot and reheat it.
04. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.