The no-cream creamy cauliflower soup was ridiculously successful, so when I saw this garlic rice recipe, I held even higher hopes, and it looks like I’ve got another great no-cream creamy sauce recipe, with cauliflower once more. I’ll never want to run out of cauliflower again!
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER GARLIC RICE
// Adapted from : A Pinch of Yum
2 cups chopped cauliflower
2 cups vegetable stock, or water
3/4 cups jasmine white rice, or brown rice, cook and set aside
1 tablespoon butter, or olive oil
salt to taste
2 cloves minced garlic
Cheddar cheese or Mozzarella cheese, as toppings
1. In a medium pot, bring vegetable stock to boil, and cook cauliflower till soft. Shut off fire, let the cauliflower and stock cool down – I have a fear for placing very hot things in my blender.
2. Once the cauliflower and stock turn to room temperature or lukewarm, transfer the cauliflower to a blender and adding stock bit by bit to puree till it forms a smooth creamy consistency. Season with salt.
3. Mix the puree with cooked rice, stir well.
3. In a skillet, melt butter and then garlic, and fry till the garlic is very fragrant.
4. Add in the creamy cauliflower and rice mixture, and stir to incorporate the garlic into the rice.
5. Divide the rice into 2 plates, top with cheese, and season with pepper, salt, and your favorite herbs. Serve immediately.
6. You can also serve the rice and mozzarella cheese toppings in an oven proof dish and bake it for a few minutes till the cheese topping melts and bubbles.
2 thoughts on “Creamy Cauliflower Garlic Rice”
wow looks yummy, i think i can finish the whole plate, he he
And without the fat from cream… That’s what I like. 🙂