A very quick homemade matcha latte (matcha powder + milk + sugar) and bread to start the first morning of a week long school holiday.
I use this recipe and a french press make milk froth at home. Simply heat up the milk till it start to steam (do not let it boil) , then pour it into the french press and pump the plunger a few times to froth the milk. The froth with this method is smooth and good enough to even make latte art.
HOMEMADE MATCHA LATTE
1.5 teaspoon matcha powder 1 tablespoon hot water 1 cup of full cream milk 1 teaspoon raw sugar
01. In a serving cup, dissolve matcha powder in hot water.
02. Heat up milk and sugar in a saucepan over small fire till it starts to steam. Do not let the milk boil.
03. Pour the milk into a french press, cover, and press the plunger for about 20 to 30 times to aerate the milk.*
04. Remove the plunger, swirl the french press to mix up the froth a bit, bang the french press on the tabletop 1 to 2 times to remove the bubbles.
05. Once the milk froth is ready, pour it into the serving cup with the dissolved matcha.
06. Serve hot, with a sprinkle of more matcha powder on the top.
* When pressing the plunger, do it gently, Otherwise big bubbles will form instead of smooth creamy froth.