Mashed potato recipes are turning up everywhere again, now that Thanksgiving is near. This crock pot recipe comes in handy during the school holiday, when I would try every possible ways to take away those watching-by-the-stove kind of cooking, so that I can just join the kids for some fun. Or the kids can also help out with the making of this dish, since it is so easy.
CROCKPOT MASHED POTATOES
5 medium size russet potatoes 4 large cloves garlic 2 tablespoons butter 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth 1/4 cup half and half* Seasoning : black pepper and salt
01. Peel garlic cloves. Place in crock pot.
02. Wash potatoes, peel and cube them. Add them to the garlic cloves.
03. Add 1/4 cup of very hot water or vegetable broth. **
04. Top with butter.
05. Cook the potatoes on high for 3 hours or till potatoes and garlic are very tender.
06. After the potatoes are cooked, mash the potatoes and then add half and half slowly till desired consistency.
07. Serve with more butter, black pepper and salt for seasoning.
NOTES TO SELF
* DIY “Half and Half” with 4 parts whole milk and 1 part heavy cream
** Or you can add enough stock or water to cover the potatoes, after they are cooked, remove the excess water before mashing them up
Picking the right type of potatoes for different dish
How not to make perfect mashed potatoes
The secret in making mashed pototaotes