CRUNCHY SUGI COOKIES
Adapted from “Delicious Asian Sweet Treats”
Yields 70 bite size cookies, 5g each
- 100g ghee - 120g caster sugar - 1 egg yolk - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract - 150g plain flour - 1/4 tsp baking soda - 1/4 tsp salt - Egg yolk, for glaze
01. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
02. Combine ghee, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract in a bowl, mix well.
03. Sift flour, baking soda and salt.
04. Fold flour mixture into ghee mixture with a metal spoon to form a dough.
05. Pinch 5g of dough and roll it into a ball, place it on a lined baking tray.
06. Arrange shaped cookie doughs 2 cm apart on the tray as they will spread during baking.
07. Brush egg glaze on top of cookies.
08. Bake in preheated oven for 14minutes, till golden brown.
09. Allow cookies to cool completely before storing them in air tight container.